This House believes that provincial governments in Canada should have full authority over environmental legislation.
Cette assemblée accorderait aux législatures provinciales du Canada la juridiction exclusive de faire des lois relatives à l'environnement.
Info Slide: On April 1, 2019, the Canadian government implemented the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act which imposed a federal carbon tax on four provinces who did not meet federal requirements for carbon pricing. This legislation has been constitutionally challenged in two provinces and is currently before the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
- arrival and registration at Best Western Hotel
- free time on your own
- coaches welcome reception
- opening breakfast banquet and welcome at Best Western Hotel
- sightseeing and lunch in Old Montreal
- debating ( prepared rounds ) and dinner at Lower Canada College
- breakfast at Lower Canada College
- four rounds of impromptu debate including lunch
- Dinner / Disco cruise
- breakfast at Best Western Hotel
- all break rounds at the hotel ( quarters in juniors, semis in French )
- lunch at Best Western Hotel
- you may book a flight after 6 pm or stay until Monday at your expense